Tim Collins (https://www.facebook.com/timjpcollins) is my friend who was introduced to me years ago by his real estate coach and best-selling author Julie Broad because Tim needed help acquiring quality investment properties in Hamilton after his first purchase did NOT go so well.
Tim was born in Canada but grew up in the UK. Tim then came back to Canada in 1998 to follow his hockey dream and played Jr A for the Trenton Sting. He is now the father to three young boys, living with his wife in beautiful Nanaimo, BC for now. Soon they are taking the family travelling to England, back to Ontario, then a road trip down the west coast, including Central America.
Tim has 15 years in sales and management experience in the IT industry and uses these skills in Real Estate to be a strong negotiator and build great relationships in a variety of areas. Tim recently left his job to focus on real estate investing full time and other business ventures. Tim focuses on student rental properties to fulfill high demand and produce strong cash flow in great areas.
Tim is the authority on Student Rentals as he is regularly featured in Canadian Real Estate Wealth Magazine and just recently on British Broadcasting Channel on the subject of student rentals. He focuses on building his investment portfolio with joint venture partners, while also helping others with coaching, online courses and workshops available at studentrentalscanada.com. Tim speaks regularly at Real Estate investing meetings and was the recipient of Mr Hamilton’s investor of the year for 2014.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How real estate investor was an out from Tim’s $250-300k executive job
- What not to do: Tim’s bad experience with a Hamilton multi-family property
- What’s the worst case scenario? Move in with the in-laws
- Downsizing to live more
- The best way to resign from the job and still get paid
- Tim’s new business helping people with stress and anxiety: anxietypodcast.com
- Why student rentals and Tim’s investment criteria
- Markets where Tim has invested that no longer work
- Understanding the student rental market and cycles
- Tips on systemizing your landlording business and going virtual
- how he replaced his cellphone while keeping existing phone #
- TextNow app for free phone number and unlimited texting
- Google Drive for virtual file storage
- How Tim raises investment capital to purchase
- How to become an experienced student rental investor in 7 weeks: click here: http://studentrentalcashflow.com/
If you too would like to learn from Tim and become an expert at student rental investment and raising capital in only 7 weeks then go to studentrentalcashflow.com/
Podcast available here, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode:
On itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/truth-about-real-estate-investing…/id1100488294
On Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=87335&refid=stpr
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as”